Wishing you always...Walls for the wind, a roof for the rain and tea beside the fire. Laughter to cheer you, those you love near you, and all that your heart may desire ~ An Irish Blessing

Friday, April 23, 2010

Charmed, I'm Sure

I am just about to purchase my seventh charm bracelet, actually eighth counting the very first bracelet from my youth. Several gals I know are collecting the new fashionable bead charms.
Friends of the Hunter House Victorian Museum have recently begun collecting teapot charms. A Charming Little Tea was held at the museum a couple of weeks ago and guests received a toggle clasp (what a great invention!) bracelet and then had the opportunity to purchase charms fashioned into teapots from glass beads. A Virginia artist creates these delightful charms ~ check out Tiny Teapot Jewelry at www.teapotjewelry.com.
So now, I have another bracelet, thank goodness because I have several charms for it already. I enjoy looking for the sentimental charms - souvenirs of places I have visited, mementos from special occasions, charms for my family's story.
The most recent charm I have purchased is a baby carriage; it will go on the family bracelet as I am expecting my first grandchild this summer.
Speaking of summer, I have a beach bracelet with seaside charms. When I cannot be on the beach, I can finger my bracelet and remember the sun and the sand and the shells and the cottage. In my mind I'm goin' to Carolina...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was lovely.

Anonymous said...

Eagerly awaiting the newest post.